Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Database Tools

I updated some of the code in my application called "database migration tool for MySQL 5.1". I have changed some code structure to be able to add new features such as:

- allowing to switch MySQL versions (currently on 5.1)
- view progress on the application (current is just a message box)


Created using vs.net 2010 (visual basic code). This simple application simply allows you to migrate your .sql database into a new one. I know that there is such tool existed but i wanted to try and create one that i can easily use.

Using some file manipulation code like creating a bat file on runtime for MySQL command and folder creation.

I'll be posting some of the codes soon! :)


You can download the Installer(demo) here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

IMG KO