Friday, February 18, 2011

Dual Display Computer :)

This is our third day on our graveyard shift. I’m still the last one to prepare for the night. We did not take a cab today. Instead we took a tricycle from our apartment to the exit of mamay road and took a “multicab” to Bajada. We spent 13 pesos each for the fare it was less than the taxi fare.

When we got there Sir Nards asks us to do the same maintenance on the computer inside the Creative Department. The first thing that I notice when I came in is the dual display computer unit near the entrance. I was amazed and curious on how they do manage to do it. I started the computers and then defrag and update the antivirus. And save the scanning for later, so we still have work. I began to look at the back of the system unit on how they connected the 2 monitors. Then there it was, an adaptor for the monitor (VGA to DVI Adaptor) was used to connect the other monitor. Now I want one, and I’m planning to buy one here in Davao and the monitor in Zamboanga.

Here’s a picture of that adaptor (Not from HUBPORT but the one that I search in the internet):






















It was 2 a.m when our task was completed. Sir Nards told us that next week we will begin our study on the server. Hmmm…J smile face again. He then told us about his experience working as a graveyard shift for 8 months. I feel sad for him but he then told us that even though it is hard, it is still work. And that work plays a very important role in company. He then said that it is fun when there are a lot of people assigned on a night shift, because you can talk and laugh. After that we talk about NBA until 6:45 a.m. He then told the guard that we will be dismissed early because we arrived early. We got home early and slept again. And my plan for a dual display is still in the process. Hahahhahaha! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

IMG KO